The REAL Reason You're Not Making as Much Money As You Should Be
Why Education, Talent, and Experience
Just Isn't Enough In Today's Competitive World
Just Isn't Enough In Today's Competitive World
Let's cut to the chase:
You're not making as much money as you could be.
You're not getting the respect you deserve, you don't have the career you should.
And it's probably not because you don't have the skill set. Chances are, you're very good at what you do.
No, you're being left behind for one simple reason: you're not dressing appropriately for your job.
You may think you are. Or, you may think that how you dress shouldn't matter.
But let me clue you in on what employers think:
That's right. Nine out of ten people head off to work every day in clothing that undermines their credibility, downplays their talents, and reduces their paychecks significantly.
That's a problem - especially in today's economy.
Look, I've been on both sides of the hiring table. I know what it's like to interview for jobs and to interview potential job candidates. Here's what I can tell you: how you dress matters. A lot.
In fact, if you look good on paper and in person, you're pretty much a shoo-in for the job.
Here's why: by the time you're called for an interview, employers are tired. They've looked through hundreds of resumes or applications, looking for someone - anyone - who comes close to their "ideal candidate" description. Most won't. But a few - perhaps 5 or 6 - will be in the ball park. So they'll call them in for an interview, looking for someone who looks as good in person as they do on paper. Again, most won't. Most will come to the interview inappropriately dressed and take themselves out of the running before they even walk through the door.
Because the unspoken rule is that the "ideal candidate" will not only possess all the skills the employer is seeking, she'll also come wrapped in an attractive package and look like she's ready to sit down and get to work then and there. She's the "total package."
Ever wonder why department store makeup costs so much? It's typically NOT because the ingredients are expensive. No, it's because of the brand and the packaging. The brands - Bobbi Brown, Lancôme, Estée Lauder, etc. - have spent the time and money to produce a quality product and package it attractively. There's prestige involved in carrying around a Chanel compact with its intertwining C's, so no one thinks anything of spending $50 for it.
That's how you want to package yourself - like a prestigous department store brand. Because if you've got the skill set and the packaging, no employer will think anything of paying more for you, too. I guarantee.
It's never too late to start fresh.
In fact, if you strive to become "the total package" by showcasing your skill set correctly right now, you'll notice a couple of things right away:
- Your employer will start to get nervous, wondering if you're interviewing elsewhere
- Your co-workers will wonder what's up -- what you know that they don't
- You'll be treated with more respect
- Your confidence will increase
- Opportunities will start to come out of the woodwork
- You'll start making more money
No, this isn't some pie-in-the-sky theory. This is 30 years of real world experience.
Before I started my own image consulting company, I interviewed a total of 15 times for the various jobs I held, starting in high school. I was offered 10 of them. That means that nearly 7 out of 10 times, I was considered "the ideal candidate" and offered the job.
Now I'd like to say it's was because I'm brilliant, but the reality is, I just knew "the formula" employers seek. My parents had taught me well. My father instilled a good work ethic while my mother - an interior designer by trade - taught me the importance of proper packaging.
It's a formula I've shared time and again with my clients, with similarly high results.
Now it's your turn.
"Dress for Success" is an antiquated term, straight out of the 1970's. It evokes images of business suits and rigid rules that have nothing to do with modern society.
But the reality is, "Dress for Success" is alive and well, and those who know how to dress appropriately for work are hired faster, promoted more quickly, and paid more than those who don't.
But it's more complicated now than it was in the '70's, and any book written before 2000 is outdated. Business suits aren't always appropriate anymore. Tech companies don't dress like Wall Street Journal types. Engineers don't dress like lawyers. Heck, most of the world doesn't wear suits anymore, so how do you "dress for success" in this century?
This is the business wear book my ezine subscribers begged me to write for years.
It's a no-holds-barred look at effective, profitable business attire, with proven looks and strategies that have made fortunes for those who apply them.
From understanding the role of business attire to creating a dress code policy, this ebook covers women's business clothes in a fresh, modern way, with simple guidelines you can use right away.
In this fun, fast-paced book, you'll learn:
- What "Dress for Success" really means these days (p. 13)
- The four levels of business attire, including the one that's appropriate for your industry (p. 21)
- What to do if your company doesn't dress like the rest of your industry (p. 31)
- What, exactly, should be in your business wardrobe, from pants to dresses to suits (p. 36)
- The best accessories for your level of dress, from hair clips to high heels (p. 56)
- The outerwear pieces that can make or break your look (p. 70)
- How to maintain your authority in any season, with it's icy cold or scorching hot (p. 81)
- The appropriate status items for your income level (p. 100)
- What you should be wearing at different points in your career (p. 101)
- The ten key pieces that say "you've arrived" (p. 103)
- What to wear in different business situations like:
- Job interviews
- Conventions and retreats
- When you're giving a speech
- Evening functions
- A board meeting
- When you're asked to appear on television (p. 109)
- How to use your business attire like a Swiss Army knife to "rally the troops," reprimand an employee, or impress the "big boss" on a moment's notice (p. 148)
- How and when to "chuck" your regular business attire (p. 155)
- How to define a dress code policy (p. 164)
- Were to have business clothes custom made at a reasonable price (p. 174)
- ... and much, much more
Once you finish reading this beefy 175-page ebook, you'll understand exactly how to use your business clothes to get what you want quickly and efficiently. You'll see why and where most people go wrong, and how to package yourself appropriately so you can standout from your competition like a diamond in the sand.
It's like reporting to work where everyone else is pecking away on dusty old manual typewriters and you have the only laptop in sight. You'll be sleek, efficient, and with the times. And you'll prosper handsomely because of it.
"Dressing For Success" is nothing new. Savvy business people have studied and used these principles successfully for hundreds of years, because they work.
But after the casual trend of the "dot bomb" era, so many people and businesses discovered that they enjoyed reporting to work in relaxed apparel so much that they never went back to their old business clothes. Even when they lost business, suffered turnover, and noticed a marked decrease in respect and effectiveness.
Business Wear Magic shows you how to use that relaxed attitude to your advantage to take control of your destiny and move so far so fast, your competition will never know what hit them. By adding just a few key pieces, you can "shake things up" to your advantage, to put those around you on alert and create a ripple effect that may have:
- Your upper management re-evaluating your promotability
- Your boss wondering if you're interviewing elsewhere
- An incompetent supervisor quivering in his boots, afraid that you're after his job
- Your peers speculating why you're doing so much better than they are
- Your subordinates wondering if you're suddenly going to start expecting more from them
Yes, dressing appropriately can have THAT big of an impact. If you're ready to "shake things up" in your office, make more money, and get everything you deserve, you'll be able to make your game plan after reading Business Wear Magic.
So how is Business Wear Magic different from all the other "dress for success" books out there?
Let me put it this way:
When most people think "dress for success," they immediately think "business suit." Which is fine for those traditional businesses where a suit and heels are required.
But what about all those other industries that don't necessarily call for a suit, like architecture or fashion or teaching or food service? What should they wear to "dress for success?"
Most business attire books don't address that, but Business Wear Magic does. Based on a 4-point scale developed by one of the States' leading image consultants, Business Wear Magic shows you exactly what you should be wearing to work whether you're a doctor, lawyer, horse trainer or candlestick maker. You'll also find the business casual look for each of the four levels.
Plus, you'll also learn what to wear at each stage of your career, with appropriate budgets for each income level. That comes courtesy of my first career as an accountant, and you won't find that in any other book.
- Is ready to move up to the next rung on the success ladder and looking for a sure way to do it
- Has been told by a boss, mentor, or friend that they should consider upgrading their business wardrobe
- Is starting to work or returning to work after a long absence
- Has been recently promoted and is wondering what's appropriateto wear at their new level
- Is in charge of creating or has influence over the company dress code policy.
In short, anyone who is looking for a simple, surefire way to increase their bottom line.
In addition to the meaty, 175-page Business Wear Magic ebook, with nearly one hundred photographs and illustrations showing the concepts in detail, you'll also get three incredible bonuses that are EXCLUSIVE to Business Wear Magic.
EXCLUSIVE Bonus #1
What To Wear When You Travel For Business ($15 Value)
This comprehensive 23-page guide tells you just about everything you need to know to travel successfully for business, including:
- How to pack efficiently for a one-week business trip so that all you need is one carry-on of well-chosen pieces to cover any situation you might encounter.
- What to wear in different parts of the country, including the secret that might have put one Presidential candidate in the White House four years earlier, had he known it.
- What to wear in different parts of the world so you don't offend, embarrass, or instantly eliminate yourself from consideration.
EXCLUSIVE Bonus #2
The Basics of Business Etiquette ($15 Value)
Need a little polish to go with that new business wardrobe? Discover just how far a few kind words and simple gestures can take you in this 34-page report, including:
- How to look more professional in your correspondence by implementing a few simple tricks.
- How to maintain your image when food and drinks are involved at a business meal.
- How to behave appropriately and with respect when you travel internationally.
EXCLUSIVE Bonus #3
How To Organize and Arrange Your Office ($10Value)
Want to make a truly well-rounded impact? After you've upgraded your wardrobe and reviewed your manners, learn how to arrange your office for maximum effect by:
- Clearing the clutter and organizing for efficiency.
- Arranging your furniture for easy traffic and maximum prestige.
- Discovering the key elements of your office that convey your position, status, and power.
This 19-page report may very well have you scrambling to re-arrange your office.
In all, you'll get over 250 pages of material showing you how you can dress, travel, behave, and arrange your office to skyrocket your income, effectiveness, and respectability. You'll shave years off the trial-and-error method to get predictable results quickly and succinctly.
It's a proven shortcut to success.
If you hired me to teach your this material in person, you could easily expect to pay up to $500 to learn what you'll find in the pages of Business Wear Magic. And if you're like most of my clients, you'll have thought it money well spent given the impact it's going to have on your career.
Or, if you're a do-it-yourself and bought every business wear book you could find to try to glean this information yourself, you could easily spend hundreds and still not learn everything I share with you here. Why? Because you also get the benefit of my experience working with countless clients through the years: real life examples of the big mistakes real people make every day that hinder their goals.
So if you want to take a stab at it yourself, by all means do so. Just remember that trial-and-error is often an expensive way to go.
But if you want a simple, clear-cut blueprint of how you should dress for business, without wasting a lot of money trying to figure it out for yourself, buying clothes that may or may not send the message you want, Business Wear Magic is for you.
And you can download it right now for a very budget-friendly $29.
That's right, for less than the cost of two people going to a drive thru and a movie, you can have a proven, workable plan for building a wardrobe that could very well launch you into a whole new income bracket.
It's a very small price to pay, given the impact it could have on your career.
Then return it!
If Business Wear Magic doesn't fully meet your expectations, simply return it for a full refund within 60 days of purchase.
I happen to think it's an exceptional resource that you'll turn to time and again, but if you don't, just give it back. If you're not happy, then neither am I.
Is that fair or what?
Business Wear Magic is an 175-page ebook available in PDF format. That means that if you have a Mac or PC, you can purchase this ebook for immediate download for use with the Adobe Reader that's probably already on your computer. This ebook is currently not available in hard-bound format.
Order Online By Safe, Secure Server
You can get INSTANT ACCESS right now—even if it's 3:00 a.m.!
You're just minutes away from building a "leave the competition in the dust" business wardrobe at a price that can't be beat!
P.S. Why spend years -- or even decades -- trying to figure out which business clothes work best for your industry when a proven shortcut is so close at hand? Learn what successful people already know! Grab your copy of Business Wear Magic today!